Welcome to the Greek Orthodox Church of the Annunciation Website
"Welcome one another, therefore, just as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God." - Romans 15:7
Live-streaming and previously recorded services on YouTube by clicking here.
Welcome to the website for the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church. We pray that this web page becomes a useful tool in your spiritual life, fostering and nurturing a prayerful existence within the Lord's Holy Vineyard. Read More »
The Sacrament of Holy Confession may be scheduled by appointment by contacting Fr. Michael.
STEWARDSHIP is an important part of our Orthodox Christian Faith. Every member of the Church is expected to contribute and fulfill their financial responsibility to the Church. A minimum pledge of $400.00 per annum is expected for a family (i.e. a husband and a wife, or father, mother, and children).
A minimum pledge of $200 per annum is expected of a single adult. If a single adult has one or more children, he or she is expected to contribute the family rate of $400 per annum. Individuals with financial hardship, who can not pay the minimum expected stewardship, are urged to speak to the parish priest, Fr. Michael.
Sacraments, such as Holy Baptism and Holy Matrimony, are performed by the parish priest for parishioners who are in good financial stewardship standing. Parishioners must complete a form requesting the sacrament be performed. All dates are to be approved by the Parish Priest. The Parish Priest, as the Bishop's representative, is the supreme convening authority as to whether a sacrament is performed for an individual. The priest will direct an individual to provide a note from the parish council president or vice-president confirming that they are in good stewardship standing before the sacrament is scheduled.
Orthros: 9:00 AM (September - June) 8:45 AM (July - August)
Divine Liturgy: 10:00 AM (September - June) 9:45 AM (July - August)
Salutation Services/Akathysts to the Theotokos:
- Friday, March 31, 2023 at 6:30 pm - 5th Friday of Lent Service of The Akathyst Hymn
March 25th Celebration Weekend (patronal feast weekend of our Church)
Sunday, March 26th: Orthros at 9 am Divine Liturgy at 10 am
March 25th Poems and Speeches will be conducted by our children on Sunday, March 26th during the Coffee Hour
2023 Church Schedule of Special Services and Holy Week Schedule for the Greek Orthodox Church of the Annunciation
- Saturday of Lazarus, April 8, 2023: (Holy Trinity Church Binghamton) Divine Liturgy 10 am
- The making of Palm crosses will be at the Annunciation Church at 12 noon in Vestal
- Palm Sunday, April 9, 2023: Orthros 9 am and Divine Liturgy 10 am
- Palm Sunday evening, April 9, 2023: Service of the Nymphios/Bridegroom matins 6:00 pm
- Holy Monday, April 10, 2023: Service of the Bridegroom matins 7:00 pm
- Holy Tuesday, April 11, 2023: Service of the Nymphios/Bridegroom matins 6:30 pm
- Holy Wednesday, April 12, 2023: Service of the Sacrament of Holy Unction 6:30 pm
- Holy Thursday morning, April 13, 2023: Vesperal Liturgy of St. Basil the Great 9:30 am
- Holy Thursday evening, April 13, 2023: Service of the Holy Passions of our Lord and the 12 Gospels 6:00 pm
- Holy Friday morning, April 14, 2023: Service of the Royal Hours 9:00 am
All are invited to assist in the flower decoration of the Epitaphios at the conclusion of this service. Fr. Michael will provide written excuses for school absences for those children who spend the day at the church.
- Holy Friday afternoon, April 14, 2023: Service of Great Vespers of the Apokathelosis
(The un-nailing of our Lord from the cross) 3 pm
- Holy Friday evening, April 14, 2023: Service of the Lamentations matins 6:30 pm
- Holy Saturday morning, April 15, 2023: Vesperal Liturgy of St. Basil the Great
(The First Resurrection of our Lord raising Adam and eve from the dead) 9:30 am
- Holy Saturday night, April 15/16, 2023: Matins of the Pascha 11:00 pm
'O Come and Receive Ye the Light...' 11:45 pm
Reading of the Gospel of the Resurrection of our Lord 12 am midnight followed by the Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom
- Easter Sunday (Pascha), April 16, 2023: Vespers service of Agape (The Gospel will be read in multiple languages. Please see Fr. Michael if you are interested in reading the Gospel in ANY other language besides Greek and English) 11 am
Hellenic Cultural Society members/college students from SUNY Binghamton with Parish Council members on the Sunday of recognition of this wonderful group
5th Wednesday of Lent
Saints and Feasts Commemorated
Mark, Bishop of Arethusa; Martyr Cyril the Deacon and Those with him; The Holy Martyrs Jonas and Barachesius; Eustathios the Confessor, Bishop of Bithynia
Visit the Online Chapel for more daily readings, hymns, a monthly calendar of saints and feasts, and more.
Parish Bulletin - View our online weekly parish bulletin
The Orthodox Marketplace - The official online store of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
Share the Orthodox Christian Faith with an Iconogram